Rishi Sensei

Heading home to Amrika!!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Heading to Mussoorie in just a few days







Hey all,

I'm still in Faridabad, after looking for classes in Delhi. There is a school in Delhi, it's good but a little expensive. So I'm going to head up to Mussoorie for a little while to study and otherwise visit a place I definitely fell in love with, and then perhaps take some classes when I am back near Delhi again. I wanted to take classes in Delhi even though it can take up to two hours from Faridabad just to get into the city during rush hour (not to mention having to suffer through overcrowded buses), simply because I wanted to get the experience of the city, plus have a different challenge than last time (I stayed in Mussoorie my last trip to India last year). But oh well, that will have to wait.

Here are some pictures of what I have been up to since I arrived (not much to say the least, and I have this burning itch to get moving). First are some pictures of Diwali, which I celebrated in Faridabad: The first is a picture of a set up that my neighbor made, which includes some diyas as well as a picture of a deity, I believe Saraswati but I may be wrong, all of which was placed on top of a rangoli, which is a pattern made on the ground out of colored powder and chalk. She did a beautiful job. The second is a picture of a kid lighting a spinning firework thing.

I also went to Delhi to visit the East West Language School, the place I was thinking about taking classes, and ended up going on an archaeological tour of Mughal history simply because I got off on the wrong bus stop. Delhi is like that, full of hidden gems that are not really so hidden, ready to be appreciated by you and most likely you only. The first one is of a tomb of one of the Mughal Emperor Akbar's 9 ministers. The second one is of a woman doing yoga with the aid of the central part of the tomb.

I have "mobile internet" now, yes, you can get wireless internet in India for a start-up fee of 70 dollars and about 15 dollars a month. It's blazing fast in the major cities, and a little slow everywhere else (yes, I can go to a little village and use my internet - at least they say I can). And people say India is not connected :P So, I'll be in much better touch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home