Rishi Sensei

Heading home to Amrika!!

Monday, January 22, 2007

The fundamental rule of teaching

I think I have figured out the fundamental rule of teaching. Know your students. There's millions of other ingredients, but if you don't have that, it won't all come together correctly, and you won't know how to put it all together correctly. It'll be a mess instead. That always resurfaces in every class I teach when I think about how it could have gone better. I learn something knew about my students every time. Did I just spell new "knew." Yes I did. Hey, my English is getting worse, but at least my Japanese is getting better. Another funny thing, anytime I try to speak Hindi to my parents or in the recent call I had to India, Japanese comes out. It's hilarious, even simple Hindi words, I think I'm saying Hindi but it's all these simple Japanese words that I use to communicate here. It's because whenever my mind thinks "foreign language time," it thinks of Japanese only. Haha it's funny to me but my Dad's a little dissapointed. It is a little weird if I become fluent in Japanese before Hindi. Don't worry, I'll always be more Indian and American for that matter, no matter what language I learn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had that problem...all I know is English. I can not believe that you are now becoming tri-lingual. That is going to help you so much in life...knowing different languages.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That comment was made by Zoi

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home